Examples of qualifying activities include, but may not be limited to:
- replacing a structurally inadequate bridge
- replacing a bridge for non-structural reasons, such as inadequate width or waterway
- modifying an existing bridge to increase its structural capacity to a level higher than originally provided
- widening an existing bridge
- approach work estimated to cost less than $50,000
- for local road projects property purchase costs less than $50,000
- replacing retaining structures, including sea walls, that support a road
- replacing tunnels
- replacing culverts having a cross-sectional area of 3.4 square meters or greater, and
- sealing bridge approaches on unsealed roads, where:
- the approach sealing is limited to a maximum distance of 50 metres from each abutment
- the seal continues over the entire structure to ensure consistency of skid resistance.
You can discuss with the Transport Agency whether other potential activities not listed above might also be eligible for inclusion in this work category.
Funding approval is subject to the conditions set out below.