Examples of qualifying activities include, but may not be limited to:
- operation, maintenance and power costs of:
- traffic signals
- advanced traffic management systems
- variable message signs
- area-wide traffic control systems, including update of software
- local area traffic management schemes, including speed control devices and threshold treatments
- ramp metering
- surveillance devices
- traffic monitoring equipment, such as closed-circuit television systems
- tunnel ventilation systems operation, fire control and emergency response preparedness
- joint transport operations centres (JTOC) labour costs
- emergency telephones on motorways
- weighing facilities owned by an approved organisation or the Transport Agency (state highways) and/or operated as a weight surveillance facility
- incident response and management.
You can discuss with the Transport Agency whether other potential activities not listed above might also be eligible for inclusion in this work category.