Examples of qualifying activities
Qualifying activities include the areas of Police activity that include enforcement, prevention and deterrence, and education regarding:
- restraints including seatbelts, child restraints and helmets
- impairment including alcohol, drug and fatigue related impairment
- safe and appropriate speeds, including a speed management programme with a mix of manual and automated enforcement and intervention
- high risk drivers, including recidivist, and high end risk taking behaviours
- protection of vulnerable and active road users including the elderly, children, pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists
- distractions, including mobile phone use, careless use and distracting behaviours; and
- vehicle safety and compliance, including regulatory compliance of commercial vehicles and driving
- effective network operation through crash investigation and traffic management practices.
Other potential activities that are not in the above list should be discussed with the Transport Agency for eligibility.