What we’re doing
We’re making the SH24 Broadway level crossing safer by:
- improving the crossing surface to make it easier to driver over.
- installing pedestrian mazes with automatic gates to stop people from walking onto the tracks when a train is coming.
- improving the pedestrian rail crossing surface to make it easier to walk over.
- installing flashing bells and lights to warn pedestrians that a train is coming. Existing half-arm barriers and flashing lights/bells remain for cars.
- adding clearer signs and road markings to give people early warning of the rail crossing.
Temporary road closure and use of stop/go signs
||8am to 5pm each day, including weekends.
||Stop/go signs to allow trucks to enter and exit the site safely.
|You might notice:
||Noise and dust, as well as large machinery and trucks in use.
We’ll do our best to carry out this work as quickly and as efficiently as possible to minimise any disruption.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Laura Ager from Safe Roads at:
P: 027 288 9796